A highly effective method for controlling infectious diseases is vaccination, it helps in prevention of high risk health issues. Prophylactic vaccines are those used for prevention while therapeutic vaccines are used for treatment of the specific disease. Sexually transmitted diseases are spread by pathogens such as bacteria, virus, fungi and protozoa. Many viral STDs doesn't have cure hence preventing the infection through vaccination is a best method. Vaccines are developed for Hepatitis and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection and for HIV and Herpes virus vaccines are being developed. Vaccination is the primary solution for eradication of sexually transmitted diseases in human.
- Track 1-1 Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Track 2-2 Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Track 3-3 Therapeutic Vaccines
- Track 4-4 Advancements in Vaccine Technology
- Track 5-5 HIV and Genital herpes Vaccine Development